Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sad Day

I have just been made aware that one of my professors and my advisor from Campbellsville University, Dr. William "Bill" Neal, has died, apparently from a heart attack. I believe he was 69 years old. I'm not sure when this picture was taken, but it was a good one, so in honor of him, here it is. 

Just thinking about my relationship with him over the years, even from before I attended till graduation, I can't believe he's gone. Unfortunately his classes were a bit boring yet easy, and sometimes his advising wasn't the best, but when it counted he rose to the challenge. He was very forgetful, but that was just the way he was. I didn't realize how much he meant to me until now. Dr. Neal will be greatly missed by his students, I know especially by those of us who graduated within the four years of my attendance.

No comments:

Post a Comment