Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's Been a Long Week

I've completed my first week of working, and it went pretty well despite my being sick. I'm very tired and I can't tell if it's just from the job or from trying to act all happy and cheerful when in reality I feel miserable. I've been fighting a bad cough and runny nose for about a week now, and I'm probably going to go to the doctor. Dad and I are both sick, but at least I have time to rest now. Since I'm off this week, I'm going to focus on getting better, and doing some reading and writing.

Speaking of which, my dad found a story I had been working on several years ago and thought was lost. I'm going to see what I can do with it, since it was my first attempt at a book (at least I think it was supposed be a book) with no training at all. I have found that, as I've been in retail this week, that this isn't for me. I need to be writing and I seem to be thinking about it more, at random times, which to me is a good sign. I think that by being out in a work setting that is more "grown up" than what I've been accustomed to, is making me realize that I would rather be expanding my writing ability and intensifying my passion (maybe even getting paid for it!) than doing so-called "regular" work.

I know my posts may be short, but I don't really think about telling stories about co-workers or customers, nor do I think that's what people want to hear. My blog is about the different aspects of my life, and I try not to get too bogged down by nit-picking about one aspect or another. If my readers want to read something to the contrary, please let me know. I want to please my readers.

However, one aspect of my life has been put on the back burner, unfortunately. My relationship with God has been better, but it's always in the works, and reading my Bible is still a struggle. I've always had a strong prayer life, but other areas continue to suffer. I know I need to be better at reading, but I think maybe I finally figured out why I have such a hard time now. I feel like I've read the same thing over and over again, and I just get tired of it. I never have been one to read a book several times in a short period of time. It gets old, and I don't want it to be the same for the Bible, because I know it's the most important book I could ever read.

No comments:

Post a Comment