Friday, October 19, 2012

Honoring Grandpa and Other News

I am posting this image of John Wayne in honor of my Grandpa, because the one year anniversary of his death is tomorrow (October 20th) and I will not have access to the internet until tomorrow when we are in Cincinnati. 

I remember a couple of major things my Grandpa said while he was still in his right mind, and one of them was to the nurse who came to care for him every little while. He had two identical pictures of John Wayne on his wall, and she asked if he was a John Wayne fan. His response? "I'm not a John Wayne fan, I'm THE John Wayne fan!" I'll never forget that.

Brighter news, we are moving tomorrow morning to Cincinnati, Ohio and I couldn't be more excited! It will be an adjustment, but I can't wait to see what God has for us there.

No comments:

Post a Comment