Friday, January 4, 2013

Slightly Unexpected Change

So it looks like Macy's can't afford to keep me. I was called by my manager, who told me how appreciative he was of all my hard work and help, and that the shoe department had a great season and I was a big part of that. At first I thought he was going to offer me a position. However, he told me that they're not able to keep me because they can't afford it. He did tell me, though, if something changed I could re-apply for a position. It made me feel very happy that a nice place was impressed with me, but I was disappointed to hear they couldn't keep me. So now both David and I are looking for new jobs. We would love for them to be closer to our desired career, but we'll see what God does.

Speaking of careers, I've been using my Marshall Plan for novel writing book and workbook, and it's really helping my writer's block! I'm very excited about the potential of my story turning from a short story into a book. It's stretching me and pushing me to think of aspects I haven't considered that would go into a book and not necessarily a short story. It's also forcing me to maybe think differently about what I've already written. I would really love to find a job which allows me to exercise my abilities to write fiction and push myself even further.

No comments:

Post a Comment