Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Passion Stirring

As you know I've been working on my story/book, and thanks to my awesome Christmas gift I'm adding more depth to it. For those of you who don't know, my story is centered around ballet, which I used to do as a child. I grew out of it, but never completely. Every now and then I would attempt some moves and see how rusty I was. For the last several years I have been really wanting to get back into it, try it again just to see if I still liked it as much as I used to. However, this was in Campbellsville, and I didn't know of anywhere close by where I could dance. There was one small studio but it was for children only-I could tell just by looking into the building when it was closed. So I figured if I couldn't actually dance anymore, I could release my desires by writing about them, hence my story. When we moved to Cincinnati and I was doing some light research to make my book better and more believable, I found the city ballet company, which stirred the embers once again. This time the desire is even more so, since it's not that expensive and not too far away. Unfortunately now neither of us have jobs, so that's obviously out of the question. But I have expressed my desire and passion to David, and he said once we get jobs we'll talk about it. I want to dance again so bad, for several different reasons. It never fully left me (I still have a turn-out), it's research for my book, and it's a great way to get back in shape. So now I'm hoping there will soon be a way I can get back into what I loved so long ago, dancing ballet.

No comments:

Post a Comment