Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New Perspective

I didn't realize I hadn't written on my blog for so long, so I thought I would catch everyone up on what's been going on. The most important happened last night. We believe that last night that God told us what to name the first boy we have. It's very fitting considering our situation: Samuel. We read part of the story, Hannah's prayer, and I cried a little. I also told mom about it, and her response was something like "Well, now you know you're going to have them", which I always knew, but this was another sign. I've also been changing my prayer from "Please give us a baby soon" to "Please help us get jobs so we can save money for our own place so we can start a family". I know it's not supposed to happen right now, so I'm not worried about it.

Speaking of jobs, we are still looking, but not sure where to look right now. I'm kind of lost on what to do, and prayers are appreciated.

I am coming along with my book, thanks to the Marshall Plan. The section sheets are a big help, and I'm discovering that I often have a general, vague idea with some spotty details, and the section sheets make me really think about the details. I also have to remind myself to think about certain aspects in order to make part of my story seem more realistic.

I have so much encouragement from those around me, and I feel my relationship with God is growing in a different way than I thought, so I feel a strange sense of peace and expectancy about what's coming. However, I'm still impatient so I wish I knew when everything was going to fall into place! David and I are both more than ready to get good, steady jobs so we can live in our own place, and start a family. I know my parents are ready to have their place back. I look forward to the day I can blog about a successful pregnancy.

I'm not sure why the text looks different. It looks the same when I'm writing. I apologize for any difficulty reading this post.


EDIT: Since there's really not enough of an update to put up another post, i'll put it here. I got a job at Chick-fil-a thanks to connections! I was hired last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment