Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas

I know it's a couple of days late, but I was with family. I had a great Christmas this year, and I hope everyone else did too. I got a lot of really cool stuff, including a Red's hoodie, Doctor Who stuff, a gluten free cookbook, a writing book and workbook, and gift cards. We got to spend time with both families (his and mine), and yeah it was a day late, but it snowed yesterday.

Working in retail this Christmas has made it really hard for me to get into the true meaning of Christmas, but it was achieved. I hope all of you remembered what Christmas really stands for, Christ's birth. I learned this year that the word Christmas literally means "Christmasse" or Christ's Mass. However, working in retail, I had the chance to make the little difference I could by saying "Merry Christmas" to all the customers, and more than once I had people say "Thanks for saying Merry Christmas". It made me feel good to know that there's still people out there who don't care about political correctness.

Speaking of work, this will be my last couple of days in the shoe department; however, next week I will be in accessories, which should be fun. And hopefully David will know soon whether or not he will be kept on as a regular employee. I was told they have until February to decide if they want to keep me or not. Whether that is the beginning or the end, I'm not sure.

Now that the Christmas season is over and we are in the home stretch of the new year, I pray that God's will will be done in our lives and everyone else's lives. I pray that everyone will have a prosperous year and that God will do miracles and wonders in yours and our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment