Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Good News For Now

In my last post I was dealing with issues that were confusing me and left me wondering. Thankfully I have answers now.

My manager talked to me about my scorecard-basically all my stats that tell how I'm doing. Overall I did great, making more than my goal in pretty much all areas. When he brought up the holiday positions ending, I paid even more attention. He told me that on the 29th, the shoes holiday position would be closed, but on the 30th, I would be able to pick up shifts in other areas of the store. So I guess that means they are keeping me on as a regular flex associate for right now. I don't know how long that will last, but hey at least that means they're keeping me on for the time being!

David's situation isn't quite sorted out just yet, but there is an easy explanation for some of it. He's usually scheduled about 30 or so hours, but this week he was only scheduled for three days, which worried us a little. Thankfully the reason behind that was that someone else who had been working there for a while goes to the University of Cincinnati, and now that he is on break they gave him more hours.

I think that's all I have so far, but right now I'm really into reading and working on my story, which might be transforming into something more than a short story. I just have to work on where I want it to go. By the way, the author I'm really liking right now is Jeffery Deaver. He writes mystery/suspense novels and short stories, which I read for both enjoyment and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment