Thursday, September 27, 2012

Decisions and Other News

After prayer, advice from others, and discussing it together, we have made a decision. We are no longer looking at Amazon for jobs. We are struggling too much to wait on them. Instead, we are moving near the end of October, the third weekend to be exact. Of course, I didn't realize it before, but that will be the one year anniversary of Grandpa's death. But I will talk about that later. Now that we have decided when we are moving and have actually taken steps toward that goal (i.e. giving 30 days notice to our landlord and going to give our two weeks notice soon), I'm very excited! I can't stop thinking about it, and I've already started packing as much as I think I can. Of course we have a list of things we have to do before we actually move that is too soon to start on yet, but I'm so anxious to move forward now that we know what that means for us! When I spoke to my mom on the phone, she told me we are moving at the right time because everyone there is hiring for the holidays. My mentor/author friend, Cheryl, also told my mom that there is a publishing company who might be hiring, which is an awesome opportunity for me! God is good and His plans are perfect.

Some updates unrelated, on the first of next month I will have been gluten-free for three weeks. It's getting a little easier, training myself to avoid thinking about foods I can't have anymore. Some are harder than others (really wish I could have had pizza before I did this). However, my belly has slightly deflated and I'm losing weight faster. Of course that could just be that we've had next to no food in the house (and even less that I can eat). Because we're trying to stretch what little food we do have, we're not eating as much, which in turn makes our stomachs smaller, causing us to not be as hungry. When we do get hungry we are starving, but it doesn't take much to fill us up. After weighing myself this morning, I am at 159! I've been trying to get under 160 for a long time, and nothing has seemed to work. I seemed to be teetering between 160 and 163, so I'm really happy! I just hope I can keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment